Timber Shop Fronts
Timber Shop front system
DK Shop fronts will provide you with Traditional or Contemporary bespoke Timber shop fronts built to last. We stock a very wide range of high quality hardwoods, and can obtain any commercially available species.
Manufactred to high standrads by our team of qualified Carpenters. Planed and smooth end finish ready to be painted.
We Provide a selection of impressive doors ranging from raised and panelled doors, glazed doors, pivot door – just about anything.
High quality stainless steel hinges, Dorma arm closer or a floor spring, 5 lever insurance approved dead lock, s/steel handle or latch.
Our Gallery is a small selection of what we can do.
Specifications of Timber Shop Front
- Specify the type of timber to be used, such as oak, mahogany, cedar, pine, or other suitable wood species.
- Determine the overall design and style of the timber shop front, whether it's traditional, modern, rustic, or customized to match the brand's aesthetic.
- Specify the type of doors to be used, such as single or double doors, swing doors, sliding doors, or folding doors.
- Determine the door hardware and locking mechanisms to ensure security.
- Provide dimensions for the entire shop front, including the width, height, and depth of the timber elements.
- Determine the layout of windows, doors, and any fixed or operable panels.
- If the timber shop front incorporates glass panels, specify the type of glass (clear, tinted, frosted, etc.) and its size.
- Consider the type of glazing (single, double, or insulated) for energy efficiency and sound insulation.
- Specify the finish for the timber, such as paint, stain, or natural varnish, and choose the color or stain type.
- Determine the number of coats and maintenance requirements for the finish.
Features of Timber Shop Front
- Timber shop fronts have a timeless and natural appearance that can create a welcoming and inviting atmosphere for customers.
- Timber shop fronts can be constructed from various types of wood, each with its unique grain pattern and color.
Timber shop fronts are highly customizable in terms of design, finish, and detailing. They can be tailored to fit the architectural style and branding of the business.
- When sourced responsibly, timber can be an environmentally friendly choice.
- Timber has natural insulating properties, which can help regulate indoor temperatures and reduce heating and cooling costs.
- While timber may not be as inherently secure as metal or glass, modern timber shop fronts can be reinforced with security features, such as laminated glass, robust locks, and alarm systems.
- Timber shop fronts require routine maintenance, such as staining or painting to protect the wood from the elements.
The Timber shopfront framing systems are powder coated to the highest standard, with a range of over 200 polyester powder paint colours available in a gloss, matt or satin finish, to match your individual taste or to suit corporate or brand requirements.